Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Inaugural Blog

Good evening. Welcome to my blog, and I hope that you will all have patience with me as I learn about the wonderful world of blogging. I am looking forward to meeting all of my visitors, and sharing my thoughts, goals, dreams. I am a writer, a creator, a word magician and I live to fashion worlds, design lives, and in the end, entertain. I have always craved the written word. From a childhood with The Wizard of Oz, to an adolescance with The Catcher In The Rye, and onwards to an adulthood filled with the mystery of literature, be it the romance of Nora Roberts to the paranormal world of Laurell K. Hamilton, and onwards to the magic of A. S. Byatt.

I have strong opinions. And I share them freely. So be advised.

Today, I am pondering the majesty of Winston Churchill's ability to battle a demon in human form, to bring his nation to victory ... often by the mere power of his words ... and to record the events to which he was witness with a power that has not been surpassed since.

Contemplate the life of a man who was a political hasbeen on the eve of war. 1939 when the "peace in our time" proclamation from Neville Chamberlain filled the headlines. Winston waited in the wings. And when the moment arrived, he stepped forward and took his place in history.

And the quote for the day, fittingly, will be his: Never, never, never quit.

Good night, all. Dream gloriously.

No comments: